Saturday, September 22, 2007

RR: Wal-Mart

I know what you are thinking, "DDW why are you classifying all these stores as restaurants when they are clearly not?" Sorry diet drink world readers, but this is the best I can come up with. I do not love Wal-Mart as much as Target; I don't have anything against Wal-Mart politically, but I do have some memories that only DDW's former co-workers can relate to. Be that as it may, they still have diet drinkts there and the public needs to be informed.

Wal-Mart's soda bar resides under the golden arches. Most Wal-Mart's (including the one by me) have a McDonald's in the store; I can get a double cheeseburger with my stretch pants! Since McDonald's and diet drinks are ubiquitous, I don't think much more needs to be said - even a casual diet drinker knows what the arches offer. Later posts will discuss why McDonald's diet coke tastes a bit like rat poison.

Nevertheless, I absolutely enjoy shopping with a diet coke! It makes the whole experience that much more enjoyable, and DDW baby loves trying to grab my straw. He knows that mommy drinks from the straw, but he hasn't figured out how to suck from a straw yet. The real lesson for me is that I need to get two straws whenever I order a diet drink: one for me and one for me later when DDW breaks my straw. There is nothing worse than having a great diet coke in front of you with a broken straw!.

No comments: