Thursday, September 13, 2007

Restaurant Review: La Salsa

So where was DDW known for always keeping a diet drink on her desk - DDW's old office. It is important to keep in touch with your roots (unless, of course, they're grey), so I went to downtown Los Angeles and had lunch with the peeps. I took the DDW baby with me, and we had a great time. At lunch, DDW baby showed an unnatural obsession with my diet drink - perhaps he remembers it from the womb. When I was pregnant, I thought there was a real chance the DDW baby was going to pop out holding a Diet Coke - thank goodness all those pregnancy books were wrong.

Today, he kept reaching for my drink and jamming the straw into his mouth. The only problem is that he doesn't know how to slurp through a straw yet. I really think that slurping your first diet drink should be one of those developmental milestones that doctors track. Based on the DDW development chart, DDW baby is definitely ahead of schedule and a total genius.

Anywhooooo, I figured this would be a good time to let you know the best place to get Diet Coke in Downtown LA: La Salsa on Grand.

First, La Salsa features Diet Coke products. Second, they have Limes; as you all know by now, the Lime is very important to the overall enjoyment of any diet drink. You won't find the Limes at the drink fountain (like Baja Fresh), because they are stored at the salsa bar. Finally, La Salsa has a giant cup; it is so big that when you order a large drink the cashier will actually hold up the cup to make sure that it is the size you really want. La Salsa's medium size cup is what most places would call a large cup. I will report back later with actual drink sizes in ounces. Let's just say that the cup is so large even DDW has a hard time needing a refill.

La Salsa = Coke Products + the Lime + Large Cup.

No comments: